Your user preferences contain settings for the general functionality of the site, like time zone, how many records to display in a table at a time, Email, Calendar, Password, and Activity settings.
To view and edit your preferences you need to click on the “Preferences” link in the upper right hand corner of your site (fig. 1).
Clicking this link will open a popup window with the title “User Preferences” (fig. 2). This window will have 5 Sub Tabs, “General”, “Email”, “Calendar”, “Password”, and “Activities”. The First Sub Tab that will be open is the “General” tab.
The General Sub Tab contains the basic settings you have. You’ve got several fields to enter information, as well as two boxes to select what tabs you want to view.
- Number of Records to Display in Table: This field has to do with the number of records you want to be displayed in tables (like the list of records from a tab, and the History View pane). This field defaults to 10, but you can change it to any number you want. Keep in mind that the bigger the number you enter here the slower your system will function because it will have to fetch more and more from the database at one time.
- Time Zone: This is a dropdown with 4 options, (GMT-05:00)Eastern Time, (GMT-06:00)Central Time, (GMT-07:00)Mountain Time and (GMT-08:00)Pacific Time. Select whatever time zone you are in.
- My Day Calendar Time Range: This section deals with the time range that will be displayed for your calendar. By default this is set to 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, but you can change it if your work day is different. Do so by either typing the time into the text boxes or clicking the clock icons to select a time.
- My Day Calendar Time Block: This is a dropdown field that refers to the blocks of time that will be displayed on your calendar. By default it is set to 30 minute blocks, but you can change it to anything from 5 minutes to 2 hours.
- Default Tab: This is a dropdown that lists all the tabs available to you in your site. Whatever tab you pick is the one that will be displayed when you first login.
- Alert Popup Location: This option has to do with how alert popups are displayed to you. If you select “Main Browser Window” Alerts will be displayed as a red box within your browser window. If you select “New Browser Window” the alert will pop up in a new browser window.
- Combine Search Criteria:This setting will allow you to combine the functionality of the search tool (in the record list window), the current filter, and the quick search areas.
- Yes: When using the search tool, and/or the quick search fields, remember the current filter, and only search within the current filtered record set.
- No: When using the search tool, and/or the quick search fields, always search ALL records in the current module (the current filter will not be honored).
- Quick Search Type: This controls the behavior of the quick searches listed above records in Table View. The default is “Value Contains the Search Text.” If you choose “Value Starts With the Search Text,” your quick search will only return results that start with your search value (For example, if you search “new,” it will return “newport” but not “brand-new”).
- Display Deleted Records: This option deals with whether you want to be able to view deleted records or not. If you choose “Yes,” deleted records will be visible to you. They will be marked with a red background.
The two fields are boxes labeled “Available Tabs” and “Displayed Tabs”. The first box contains all the tabs that you aren’t displaying at the moment, and the second box contains the tabs you are currently displaying. If the “Displayed Tabs” box is empty, then all the tabs available to you will be displayed.
To move tabs from the Available Tabs box to the Displayed Tabs box, simply click them and then click the right arrow (“>”) button. You can select multiple items by using Ctrl + Click and then ones you have all the ones picked that you want click the “>” button like you normally would. Also, you can double click tabs to move them one at a time.
Once you have the tabs that you want in the Displayed Tabs box you can move them up or down by selecting an item and click the “up” or “down” buttons to the right of the box. You can also moves tabs out of the Displayed Tabs box the same way you moved them in, by selecting them and clicking the “<” button. You can also move one tab at a time by double clicking it.
The Email Sub Tab is fairly simple. The first thing at the top is a rich text editor with the heading “Default Email Signature”. What you enter in this rich text editor will become your default signature for Emails you send from Ivinex.
The last section of this sub tab is a table that lists any external Email accounts that you set up for use within Ivinex. To add an Email account simply click the “Add” button under the table headings. You’ll see a simple green popup box with the title “Email Account” (fig. 4).
This popup box has a few fields that you can use to set up your External Email Account within Ivinex. You’ll use this email account when sending any email from Ivinex. It’s highly recommended to set up your email account if you plan to send any email; if you don’t, your users won’t be able to reply to your messages.
- Display Name: The name that should be associated with this account. Usually your first and last name.
- Email Address: The Email Address that you would like to set up.
- Login Name: The login (or user) name that you use to login to your Email Account. This is sometimes your full email address, or it could just be everything before the “@” symbol.
- Account Password: This is the password to the account.
- Account Type: This depends on your Email Provider. If you’re using Google (either Gmail or Google Apps) for Email then you can use any of the 3 options (pop3, imap, and imap SSL). If you’re using a Microsoft exchange server it’s probably either imap or imap SSL. If you’re not sure, just check with your Email provider, they will know best.
- Outgoing Server: This field is the URL of your SMTP server. Again, check with your email provider on this.
- Incoming Server: This is the URL of your incoming server. Your email provider can give you this information.
- Port: These are the ports that Ivinex will use to try and access your incoming/outgoing servers. Your email provider will have this info.
- Delete Email from Server: If checked, all email recieved into Ivinex will be deleted from your mail server after it is retrieved. You can check this to reduce email clutter.
- Default Account: If checked, this will be the default account that Ivinex will use when you send emails.
Here are a few of the typical settings for the more common email services out there:
- Username: your email address
- Account type: Imap/SSL
- Incoming server: imap.gmail.com Port: 993
- Outgoing server: ssl://smtp.gmail.com Port: 465
- Username: email without the @yahoo.com (firstname.lastname@example.org would have a username of ‘testuser’)
- Account type: pop3
- Incoming Server: plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com Port: 995
- Outgoing Server: plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com Port: 465
Free Yahoo: Free Yahoo does not allow its users to set up external email accounts.
Paid MSN Live Hotmail:
- Username: full email address
- Account type: pop3
- Incoming Server: pop3.live.com Port: 995
- Outgoing Server: smtp.live.com Port: 25
Free Hotmail: Free Hotmail does not allow its users to set up external email accounts.
When you’re done filling out all these fields, click “Save” to close the Email Account popup box. You’ll then see your new email added to the list of External Email Accounts.
In the Calendar Sub Tab there are a few personal options for the way Ivinex handles Calendar Alerts. A Calendar Alert will happen when you set an event on your calendar, and using these personal preferences you can decide how often before and after an event to remind you.
- Show Calendar Item Alerts: This checkbox lets you decide if you want to see Calendar Alerts or not. If you leave this unchecked then you will not be reminded of Calendar Events via Calendar Alerts.
- Alert Time (minutes): This option lets you decide how many minutes before a Calendar Event that you want to be reminded. It defaults to 30 minutes.
- Past Due Alert Time: This Option lets you decide how many minutes after a Calendar Event that you should be reminded. It defaults to 30.
If you have more than one calendar you can decide which ones to monitor and give you alerts for using the “Available Calendars” box and the “Alert Calendars” box. If you want to monitor a calendar and give you alerts for events you place on it then you just move it from the “Available Calendars” box to the “Alert Calendars” box. You do this by either double clicking it or clicking it once and then clicking the “>” button. You can remove calendars from the “Alert Calendars” box in the same fashion.
The Password Sub Tab is pretty simple. There are 3 textboxes that will allow you to change your password.
- Old Password: Enter your old password so that Ivinex can verify your identity when changing your password.
- New Password: Type your new password here.
- Confirm Password: Re-Type the same thing you entered in “New Password” to confirm that you really what this as your new password.
Below that is a button labeled “Change Password”. To finish changing your password, click this button. Once clicked Ivinex will do some processing behind the scenes and then display a message telling you if your password was able to be changed or not. If it tells you that your new password is invalid, you should check with your admin to find out what your password requirements are.
The Activities Sub Tab only has one field, a dropdown labeled Options. This dropdown lets you control what Ivinex does when you click Activities listed in the Activities tab. Here are the options you have to choose from:
- Select Related Record (default): This option will open the record that the activity is linked to in the Detail View pane.
- Select Related Record + Popup Activity: This option will open the record that the activity is linked to in the Detail View pane and also open the Activity itself in a green popup.
- Select Activity Record: This option will open up the Activity in the Detail View Pane.
- 21 June, 2013 @ 18:09 [Current Revision] by Ivinex Customer Support
- 21 June, 2013 @ 18:08 [Autosave] by Ivinex Customer Support
- 24 January, 2013 @ 10:40 by Ivinex Customer Support
- 24 January, 2013 @ 10:38 by Ivinex Customer Support
- 22 January, 2013 @ 14:00 by Ivinex Customer Support
- 6 December, 2012 @ 11:32 by Ivinex Customer Support