Email mapping is used to process the emails sent to Ivinex by the Ivinex Outlook Plugin. The Email Mapping tool can be found by going to System Preferences and clicking the “Email Mapping” link (fig. 1).
The Email Mapping wizard will pop up (fig. 2) after clicking the “Email Mapping” link in the admin system preferences area.
- Email Link 1: Used to tell Ivinex what module (dataset) to try and link Emails to. There are two dropdowns in the second column, the first is a list of all the data modules available on your site, and the second will list all the fields from the data module you select in the first dropdown. In the second column you should pick a field that stores Email addresses since Ivinex will look in all the records in this module to see if the Email senders email address matches this field. If it finds a record where they match it will link the Email to the record.
You can add more rows to the first section by saving (click the “Save” button at the bottom of the popup) the Email mapping and then re-opening it. When you re-open it another Email Link row will have been added (Email Link 2).
The second section has several rows (fig. 3). This section tells Ivinex what data module to store Emails in and how it should store them. Generally they are stored in the “Activities” tab, so that they can be listed as history items on the records the email is linked to.
- *Email Module (currently named Email Tab): List of all the data modules in your site. The one you select will be where Ivinex stores all the Emails that are sent into Ivinex. After you select a data module in the first row of this section all the other dropdowns will be populated with a list of fields from the module you selected.
- EmailTo: In this dropdown you should pick the field where you want to store who the email was to.
- EmailSenderName: Pick the field for this row where you store the email senders name.
- EmailCC: This should be the field where you will store any CC’d addresses.
- EmailBCC: Select the field where you want to store any BCC’d addresses.
- EmailBody: This is the field where you will store the body of the email.
- EmailSubject: You should select the field in this row where you want to store.
The last section (fig. 4) is for you to set up the mapping for the Contact data module. Setting this mapping will allow Ivinex to either link Emails that come in to the correct contact or create a contact if one doesn’t exist.
- *Contact Module (currently named Contact Tab): Select the data module that you store all your contacts in (generally “Contacts”). After doing this all the other fields in this section will populate with lists of all the fields within the data module you selected.
- ContactFirstName: The first name of the contact.
- ContactLastName: The Last name of the contact.
- ContactBusinessTelephoneNumber: The Business (or work) phone number.
- ContactEmail1Address: The first email (or primary email) for the contact.
- ContactAssistantName: The name of the contacts Assistant.
- ContactAssistantTelephoneNumber: The phone number of the contacts Assistant.
- ContactBusinessAddressStreet: The Business (or work) street address for the contact.
- ContactBusinessAddressCity: The City that the Business street address is located in.
- ContactBusinessAddressState: The State that the Business City is in.
- ContactBusinessAddressPostalCode: The postal (or ZIP) code for the Business street address.
- ContactBusinessFaxNumber: The Business Fax number for the contact.
- ContactCompanies: The companies (or Accounts) that the contact belongs to.
- ContactBody: This is the description for the contact.
- ContactDepartment: The department that the contact is a part of.
- ContactHomeAddressStreet: The contacts home street address.
- ContactHomeAddressCity: The City that the contacts home address is located in.
- ContactHomeAddressState: The State that the contacts City is in.
- ContactHomeAddressPostalCode: The postal code (or ZIP code) of the contacts street address.
- ContactHomeTelephoneNumber: The contacts home phone number.
- ContactJobTitle: The contacts Job Title.
Once you have created all the mappings that you want, you can click the “Save” button at the bottom of the form to save all your changes and close this popup box.
- 25 June, 2013 @ 15:14 [Current Revision] by Ivinex Customer Support
- 25 June, 2013 @ 15:14 [Autosave] by Ivinex Customer Support
- 25 June, 2013 @ 15:12 by Ivinex Customer Support
- 25 June, 2013 @ 14:24 by Ivinex Customer Support
- 16 March, 2012 @ 14:57 by Ivinex Customer Support
- 12 March, 2012 @ 14:32 by Ivinex Customer Support