The conversion options tool is useful for converting data from one module into another module. The conversion is setup as a one to one field conversion, where one field in a module is matched up with another field in a different module.
The “Conversion Options” tool is located in the Module Details window (Fig. 1).
To get started, we will click on the “Add New” link right below where it says “Conversion Options”. This will open up the “New Conversion” window (Fig. 2).
Here is a breakdown of the initial options for this window:
- Button Name: The name of the button we will click to start the process.
- Description: Description of the conversion options (not required).
- Move All Links To: This is a select box filled with our module names. The one we pick is the destination for our data.
- Delete Source Items:Choice for deleting the source data after it has been converted.
- After Conversion:Choice for the action that is performed after the data has been converted.
- Popup New Record
- Select New Record
- New Mapping: Setup the mapping process where we define which field in our origin module gets mapped to which field in our destination module.
- Save: Save all settings.
- Cancel: Close tool (do not save).
For this tutorial we are converting Lead fields into Account fields. The fields that are available to convert from one module to another will vary depending on the origin module and the destination module.
The next example image shows all mapping rules configured (Fig. 3).
- 6 December, 2012 @ 11:38 [Current Revision] by Ivinex Customer Support
- 6 December, 2012 @ 11:35 by Ivinex Customer Support
- 16 March, 2012 @ 14:04 by Ivinex Customer Support
- 16 March, 2012 @ 14:02 by Ivinex Customer Support
- 16 March, 2012 @ 13:53 by Ivinex Customer Support
- 16 March, 2012 @ 13:50 by Ivinex Customer Support